Below are the monthly reports filed between the Baton Rouge Police Reporting system and Nextdoor. There is not as much property crime as would be expected this time of the year being that it is the holiday season. Please remember to report all suspicious incidents and crimes.
- 11/1/18 at 1646 hours Officers responded to Wisteria Street relative to the report of a suspicious person. The resident advised a white male was going door-to-door begging for money. Officers did not notice this male when patrolling the area in search for him.
- 11/5/18 at 1025 hours, Officers responded to a suspicious person at Camellia Street. The resident reported a black male wearing a blue hoodie and a backpack was walking down the street looking in garbage cans. Officers patrolled the area but were unable to locate anyone matching the description.
- 11/7/18 a resident reported to Nextdoor that a bed footboard was stolen from outside their home near Cherokee and Camelia Street.
- 11/10/18 at 2128 hours, Officers responded to Tulip Street. The complainant advised they observe three black males walking in the area “possibly casing the neighborhood.” Officers patrolled the area but did not locate the males.
- 11/11/18 at 1019 hours, Officers responded to Park Bl. where a resident reported their scooter stolen. The scooter was located shortly later at the BREC park across the street. The person finding the scooter advised several black male juveniles were seen in the apartment complex at 1290 Park Bl. just prior to the scooter being located. Whoever stole the scooter, had cut the wires, possibly trying to hotwire it. The scooter was returned to the complainant.
- 11/12/18 at 1920 hours, Officers responded to a vehicle burglary at Oleander Street. The complainant advised he saw a black male breaking into his neighbor’s vehicle. The complainant gave a description of the male, and Officers located him nearby. The male was positively identified by the complainant, arrested, and booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Juvenile Detention Center for violating LRS 14:62 Simple Burglary.
- 11/13/18 a resident reported to Nextdoor that a red bicycle with a basket on the front was stolen from their porch. They were advised to file a Police report, but never did.
- 11/16/18 at 2050 hours, Officers responded to Park Bl. relative to the complaint of shots fired in the area. However, the noise was determined to be fireworks.
- 11/17/18 at 2149 hours, Officers responded to Park Bl. relative to a stolen vehicle complaint. Officers arrived on scene and determined the vehicle was not stolen but towed because it was improperly parked.
- 11/19/18 a resident reported a car cover was stolen from his carport via Nextdoor. They were advised to file a report, but never did.
- 11/20/18 at 1648 hours, Officers responded to Cherokee Street relative to a suspicious incident. The complainant reported five black male juveniles walked up to their vehicle and pulled the door handle. The juveniles fled when the complainant walked out of their home. Officers patrolled the area but were unable to locate the juveniles. The complainant called the next day at 1421 hours to report two of the juveniles had returned to their home to apologize for trying to open their car door. The juveniles were no longer on scene to be identified when Officers arrived the second time.