Who do I call about stop signs or traffic signals?

To report issues concerning street signs or signals (including stolen, damaged, non-reflective, or misspelled signs or to request new signs or signals), please call the Citizen Service Office at (225)389-3090 or submit online at the Citizens Request for Service page. Citizen Service will report the concern to the Traffic Engineering Division of the Department of Public Works that is responsible for all traffic control devices.

Please note: When new signs or traffic signals are requested, the Traffic Engineering Division will conduct a feasibility study that is usually concluded in 45-60 days. Reporting street lights out to Entergy (click here) to report electric emergencies or power outages do not use e-mail.


Emergencies1-800-368-3749 (1-800-ENTERGY)

Power outages: 1-800-968-8243 (1-800-9OUTAGE)

Customer Service Questions: 1-800-368-3749 (1-800-ENTERGY)

Baton Rouge City Government 311 Call Center



To access this service, residents can simply dial 3-1-1 or 389-3090 to report problems or gather information related to city-parish agencies. 



Neighbor Michael Westphal has found that the quickest way to get a street light repaired is to report it directly to Entergy. He reported a light out on Christmas Eve and received a response the next day. By Thursday night (5 days later), the light was fixed.\r\n\r\nAre there any lights out around you? If so, please report them and help brighten up The Garden District! 



Now Baton Rouge residents have convenient access to community and government information 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! Dial 344-INFO or 344-4636 from a touch-tone phone for answers to the most frequently asked question about government issues.


Didn’t Find The Answer You Were Looking For?

When you find the answer to your question, please click this CONTACT link to share your solution with us. That way we’ll have the information available for the next person who needs it.