We are proud of our neighborhood! These relevant A-1 Zoning Ordinances and renalt information is provided to help keep it peaceful and beautiful.
- Street Parking
- Loud Noise
- Barking Dogs
- Sweeping Debris into Streets
Street ParkingThe City-Parish Code of Ordinances establishes certain parking restrictions, which include:
- Do not park on the front lawn or sidewalk.
- Do not park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- There is a time limit to parking on the street – not longer than 9 hours in a 24 hour period from 6am of one day to 6am of the next. Do not block traffic.
- Do not block a driveway.
- Do not park within 25 feet of an intersection.
- Parking in the wrong direction is prohibited.
- Parking in medians is prohibited.
To report a violation, call the traffic police division at 389-3874.See Code of Ordinances, Sec.11:415,416,418,421,423.
The City-Parish Code has a noise ordinance which prohibits a person from making any loud noises which are offensive, render enjoyment of property uncomfortable or interfere with public peace and comfort. This can include use of vulgar language, playing the radio loudly or sounding a car horn, except as required by law. The ordinance against disturbing the peace includes appearing in an intoxicated condition. Violation of these ordinances is punishable by a fine of between $100 and $500.
You must give your name, address and phone number in order for the police to respond and write a report. The report allows for a record to be kept of repeat offenders. It is also a good idea to call the owner. Please be courteous to the police and tell them you live in the Garden District. If you are persistent, you are more likely to get the results you want.To report a violation, call the police at 389-2000.See Code of Ordinances, Sec.12:100, 101, Sec.13:103.