- 9/1/19 at 0217 hours, Officers responded to an alarm on Tulip Street. Upon arrival, they determined the alarm was triggered by a burglar. Officers cleared the home and noticed it appeared as if a television was missing from a bracket on the wall. Officers contacted the homeowner who was out of town. The homeowner advised they observed the suspect enter and exit through the rear of the residence, leaving with the television.
- 9/3/19 at 1009 hours, Officers responded to Camellia Ave relative to a suspicious incident. The caller advised a suspicious black male was riding a bicycle in the area. Officers patrolled but were unable to locate the male subject.
- 9/7/19 at 1235 hours, Officers responded to Myrtle Ave. relative to a heavyset black male riding a bicycle in the area. The caller advised the male was looking into the window of a home under renovation. Officers patrolled the area but were unable to locate the male subject.
- 9/15/19 at 1446 hours, the resident on Park Bl. reported a burglary of their home. The resident advised as they approached their home, they observed a black male, wearing no shirt, standing on their front porch. The male had removed two chairs and a bag of candy from inside of the home. The resident advised Officers they argued with the male over the chairs and candy. The male left the chairs on the porch and left with the candy. The resident then called Police, and Police were unable to locate the male suspect upon arriving.
- 9/15/19 at 1940 hours, Officers responded to Park Bl. relative to a loud music complaint. The resident at 1130 Park Bl. complained that the resident at 1207 Dare St. plays their guitar too loudly. Officers contacted the resident on Dare St., and advised them to keep the noise at a minimal level.
- 9/17/19 at 1916 hours, Officers responded to Park Bl. relative to an incoherent black male lying on the ground. The male was transported to the hospital via EMS.
- 9/18/19 at 1113 hours, Officers responded to a burglary at Oleander Street. A neighbor reported hearing the alarm activate, and then seeing a black male in his 20’s wearing black sweat pants with a flat top haircut. The neighbor advised the male was walking in the alley way by Cherokee Street and then turned east onto Oleander Street. The homeowner arrived and advised it didn’t appear the suspect made entry into the home, although a window pane was broken on the back door, and the air conditioning unit had been removed from a rear window. Officers were unable to locate the male suspect in the area.
- 9/24/19 at 0920 hours, the resident on Oleander Street called 2nd District to report a theft. The resident advised several items were stolen from their porch. On 9/27/19, the resident determined the identity of the suspect from a neighbor. Officers located the suspect and arrested him. The resident was able to retrieve their stolen items.
- 9/24/19 at 1115 hours, a visitor on Park Bl. reported a vehicle burglary that occurred between 1000-1110 hours. A note was left on the visitor’s vehicle by a neighbor informing the visitor that the neighbor saw someone open the door and take something. The visitor reported a book bag missing. The book bag was located at 1529 hours on the same date in the alley way of Olive Street. It was returned to the visitor/owner.
- 9/25/19 at 1309 hours, the resident on Park Bl. reported a burglary. The unknown suspect had shattered the front window to gain entry, but did not take anything from the residence. The resident had been out of town, so the exact time the burglary occurred is unknown.
September 2019 Security UpdateClaire Pittman October 10, 2019
Share this post