Garden District Annual Holiday Decoration & Lighting Contest is HERE!
Judging will be Thursday, December 16 @ 8:30 PM. Judges will be members of the Garden District Civic Association Board and few guest judges. Winners will receive gift certificates for local businesses in Mid City!!!
Rules of Engagement!
- Participation is open to all residents of the Garden District.
- Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
- Entry is automatic. All decorated homes in Garden District will be considered.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets).
- Judging criteria will include the following:
- Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations
- Storyline or theme
- Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.
- Overall presentation.
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging period on Thursday, December 16 starting at 8:30 PM.
- Judging will be done Thursday, December 16 starting at 8:30 PM.
- Each winner will receive a bragging rights, prize and name recognition on the Garden District website and social media outlets.
If you have any questions, please email the GDCA at [email protected].