The Garden District Association’s annual meeting was held Sunday, February 18, 2018, at Circa 1857. The fine staff at Yvette Marie’s Cafe graciously provided refreshments for the approximately 60 members in attendance.
GDCA President John Williams presented a “state of the association” address. Agenda items included:
- Membership Drive
- Annual Activities Provided by the Association
- Health and Vitality of Our Historic Live Oak Trees
- Official Neighborhood Boundaries
Congressman Garrett Graves attended and was most accommodating by addressing issues and concerns of the association, neighborhood and his congressional district. Congressman Graves spoke of the continued traffic problems in the city and the local railroad crossing closures as well. He stated that the voices of concerned citizens were heard loud and clear regarding the railroad crossing closure at South Boulevard as this closure is being revisited and may be left as is.
2018 GDCA Board of Directors
Members of your 2018 GDCA board include:
- John Williams, President
- Claire Pittman, Vice President
- Liz Spaulding, Treasurer
- Jenny Iverstine, Secretary
- Returning board members include Mike Schexnayder, Ari Kocen, Lynn Hosie, Willie – Fontenot, Mary Fontenot, Greta Corona, Richard Ray, Justin Kozak and Chris Suba.
- Newly elected board members are Eric Troutman, Heather Day and Joy Couvillion.
- Retired board members are Charles Sutcliff, Chris Barrett and Sean Love. Much thanks to Charles, Chris and Sean for serving their neighbors and this organization with their time and talents.